This is giving me some problems on a laptop - I have a 70-persistent-net
rules file which attempts to pin eth0 to the ethernet interface, and
eth1 to the wireless interface.  This works fine on a cold boot or
hibernate to disk (sus2) - without it the allocation wanders between the
interfaces at will (this also occurs on a number of multi-interface
servers I have - a real pain!)

Recently however, if I attempt to "echo mem > /sys/power/state" (aka
instant stop/start!!) it resumes with one of the interfaces having a
name of "ethx_renam" and of course no network.

Is it possible to:
        a. fix so it worked as previously - i.e., resumed on the same interface
in working condition

or
        b. able to rename the interface so I can script a fix to run after
resume.

and is it a bug (so I will bugzilla it) or is it a feature :(

BillK