On 6/13/07, Enrico Weigelt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Let's take an different part of life, not computers, take policits.
I'm an elected representative. I have to decide lots of things here.
Normally somebody brings some proposable we should vote on. Usually
we talk about it before the vote (yeah, many people try to get their
issues stamped w/o discussions before complaints could be raised ;-O)
If I didn't fully understand the issue, I simply ask before voting.
Issues don't get kicked off the agenda (aka marked INVALID) because
the chairmain does not understand the whole thing. We rarely have
cases where we actually don't want to vote on specific things due
missing information or waiting for certain events. So we (by a vote)
take it from the agenda for a while and take it back ofter some time
(aka status NEEDINFO or LATER).

We don't have something like bgz for that. Just pen+paper. But it
works quite good.

Politics analogy breaks apart here on one point. In politics, you
don't have several thousand proposals a day. If Politics did have that
many proposals, and just any man & his dog could make a proposal, all
the ones with NEEDINFO would grow faster than the heap of dung @ a
sewage treatment station, and the percentage processed would get
progressively a smaller percentile, and governments with all their
bureaucratic red tape would get less done than they already do.

Im guessing if they had as many proposal as BGO does,  they would ,
like BGO, employ staff to filter the rubbish out. ( Cos you see,
BugWranglers are not your head heirachy, they're just the entry level
cleaner/rep who relays the information ), and that way, 10 year olds
who want something for Christmas won't put his request onto the daily
agenda and waste time. That way duplicate propositions are found and
associated as such. That way proposals which dont even have enough
info to get to council cos they cant hold their own water, or are
obviously bogus ( ie: i propose we nuke ourselves ) or proposals which
obviously don't affect a large enough part of the population ,  don't
inundate the council and waste  their time with unimportant issues,
due to them not having a lot of free time.

All you can do is be insistent and give more info, and keep
un-invalidating them, and they'll eventually listen, or find another
dev ( politician/rep/senator ) who will add weight to your claim and
delegate it  to the right place.

Outside that,   you can be a vigilante, and take the law into your own hands.

Thats all there is to it :)

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|