Peter Alfredsen wrote:

> If you post the output of this command:
> lspci -s 01:0a.0 -n
> We will have the PCI id to search for. Might make it easier to find bug
> reports.
>
> The output of this command:
> dmesg|egrep -i -A3 "(alsa|sound)"
> Should give us an idea of whether your kernel actually detects your sound
> card.

Well, you won't believe this but I rebooted into the newer kernel to get
the info for you, now it works fine.  O_O  I have sound when I change
desktops, it plays a CD fine, it seems to be working now.

Just for the sake of anyone who may can use this in the future:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # lspci -s 01:0a.0 -n
> 01:0a.0 0401: 1102:0002 (rev 0a)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # dmesg|egrep -i -A3 "(alsa|sound)"
> Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.14rc1 (Tue Jan 09
> 09:56:17 2007 UTC).
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt Link [LNK3] enabled at IRQ 11
> ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:0a.0[A] -> Link [LNK3] -> GSI 11 (level,
> low) -> IRQ 11
> ALSA device list:
>   #0: SB Live [Unknown] (rev.10, serial:0x80671102) at 0xcc00, irq 11
> oprofile: using NMI interrupt.
> Netfilter messages via NETLINK v0.30.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

If it stops working I'll let you know.  I guess it just wanted me to ask
for help.

Thanks much!!

Dale