ยท Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Friday 15 June 2007, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> about '[gentoo-user]  Re: Finer grained kde*-meta packages':
>> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > On Friday 15 June 2007, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> But maybe "dialup" might be good. But that's details.
>
> Yes, much easier to understand.

Well, fine. Details, details.... :)

>> > The kde-meta package is meant to replace the kde package.  The is no
>> > advantage (and without a workable confcache, at least one
>> > disadvantage) to running split ebuilds.  The advantage of split ebilds
>> > is that you have the choice to install only the kde applications you
>> > want, by using the individual ebaulds, without dragging in all of kde
>> > (which is what "old" style kde packages pulled in as a dependency.)
>>
>> But with using the kde*-meta package, this advantage doesn't
>> exist.
>
> Right, because kde*-meta is supposed to replace, and act as much as
> possible like the monolithic kde* package.  If you don't want all of
> kdenetwork you don't install kdenetwork-meta, you install individual
> applications from kdenetwork.

Well, but as kdenetwork-meta is a dependency of kde-meta, this
"solution" means, that about 300 packages should be manually
listed, just because one package is not wanted. Because of that,
this is not really a solution - at least not a good one.

Alexander Skwar
--
Judges, as a class, display, in the matter of arranging alimony, that
reckless generosity which is found only in men who are giving away