On Saturday 16 June 2007, Florian Philipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] lvm without initrd':
> I'd like to know which parts of my system need to stay on "traditional"
> partitions and which directories can be moved to an lvm if I don't want
> to use initrd and still be able to boot.

Anything 'cept / (and /boot of course) can live on LVM without the need for
an initrd.  Of course, /lib and /etc can't be on separate block devices
from /.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))