On 6/17/07, Steve [Gentoo] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have some (say 100) discrete data sequences sampling a single analogue
system with time-stamp data.

I would like to do some analysis on these signals to see if there are
any interesting things that can be demonstrated - for example, if I
could show a strong correlation in the signals between two times, but
none at other times, I might be able to conclude that there was
communication of some description, but only for a fixed duration.

At the moment I'm open minded about what kind of software I'd want to
employ - and also about what I'd like to prove.  Essentially, I'd like
to analyse the data for features - then ask if they correspond with
system events I'm already broadly aware about (rather than vice-versa.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Not exactly sure what your asking for, but if the data can be
represented as an audio stream of some description you may want to
look at baudline, its a great tool,  but not in portage.

Basicaly an  FFT time/frequency analysis tool

http://www.baudline.com/

If its of no use to  you, It will probably still have the 'oh thats so
cool'  attributes :)
--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|