On 6/18/07, Uwe Thiem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 17 June 2007, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
> Well skype upgraded this morning to version 1.4.0.74 and it aint working.
> When I tried running it from the command line I get the following:
> /opt/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4:
> revdep-rebuild doesn't pick any thing up
> Do I have to rebuild Qt? or another package?  which one provides that
> library. I've tried down-grading to the previous version but that's now
> been package.masked

It seems the new version of skype depends on Qt4 while you propably have
installed Qt3. One *can* install both versions, but it's a bit tricky to make
Qt3-dependent packages (like KDE 3.x) compile correctly when both versions
are present. I think there is a tutorial or just a post to the forums about
it.

Uwe

Installed versions:
3.3.8-r2 (cups -debug doc examples -firebird gif -immqt -immqt-bc ipv6
mysql nas -nis -odbc opengl postgres sqlite xinerama)
4.3.0 (accessibility cups dbus -debug doc examples -firebird gif glib
-input_devices_wacom jpeg mng mysql nas -nis -odbc opengl pch png
postgres qt3support sqlite sqlite3 ssl tiff xinerama zlib)

I have both installed, I don't recall doing anything 'special' as
iirc, they use different directory systems, and by default the $QTDIR
is pointed to the 3.X last i looked.

KDE3.X compiles without a prob here.

--
The Informal Linux Group Namibia:
http://www.linux.org.na

Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
print "enNOSPicAMreil [EMAIL PROTECTED]"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'