On Monday 18 June 2007 12:22:59 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On 6/18/07, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:16:58 -0400, Ken wrote:
> > > If you have physical access to the machine and have support for the
> > > Magic SysRq built into your kernel, you can kill the X server by
> > > pressing ALT + SysRq + K. This will kill all processes running on the
> > > current terminal.

Hrm, I thought this killed ALL processes, but I could be wrong.  Is that maybe
Alt+SysRq+e or Alt+SysRq+i?

> > If you are accessing via SSH, you can still use this with
> >
> > echo k >/proc/sysrq-trigger
>
> Nice.  However, I'm still wondering -- neither of my keyboards has a keytop
> labelled sysreq.  What is it?

My laptop has a specific key for it.  IIRC, (my desktop is not in front of
me), it shares a key with 'Print Screen'.  On both (again, IIRC) it's usually
shortend to just 'SysRq'.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))