On 6/19/07, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
   On an install I'm trying to get working when grub comes up I get no
screen. It's just black. If I hit enter the machine starts booting
fine.

   Once it starts booing the first line or two looks good but then the
fonts become messed up and pretty much unreadable. It stays this way I
get to the two lines that say:

Setting terminal to UTF-8
Setting user font

and then everything becomes readable.

   What kernel config items do I want to look at to fix this?

   Or is there possibly a boot line option for this sort of thing? I
am currently using no options at the boot line.

   Note that this is an older NVidia card.

Thanks,
Mark