On Friday 22 June 2007, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Alan McKinnon writes:
> > It would appear that you have installed the kdemultimedia package.
> > That's a monlithic one, and it WILL install noatun, which requires
> > arts.
>
> I also have kdemultimedia installed, but not noatun.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ --> eix -I kdemultimedia
> [I] kde-base/kdemultimedia
>      Available versions:  (3.5)  3.5.5 ~3.5.6 ~3.5.7
>      Installed versions:  3.5.5(3.5)(20:25:05 04/19/07)(-akode
> alsa -arts -audiofile -debug -elibc_FreeBSD
> encode -flac -gstreamer -kdeenablefinal -mp3 -theora vorbis
> xine -xinerama)
>      Homepage:            http://www.kde.org/
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ --> eix -I noatun
> No matches found.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ --> equery depends noatun
> [ Searching for packages depending on noatun... ]
>
>       Alex

You do have noatun binaries installed, but it's part of the huge
humunguous kdemultmedia package, which is NOT a meta package

If you install kdemultimedia-meta instead, it installs a bunch of
individual packages, one of which is kde-base/noatun

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,
Pessimists say the glass is half empty,