On 7/3/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 02 July 2007 23:08, Willie Wong wrote:

> from 'info sed' -> Examples
>
>      #! /bin/sh
>      # rename files to lower/upper case...
[snip...]

> (And don't ask me why I remember this particular example being in the
> sed info page ;p )

WOW! I didn't expect so many ways to get this done, thanks guys for all your
suggestions.  :)
--
Regards,
Mick

If you want something that should work on all linuxes in theory
without the need for changing the disk standard to something thats
potentially incompatible with a given system ( say for example for
some reason your target machine cant for some forsaken reason read
joliet enabled disks ) you may wish to look for the 'trans.tbl'
option, which to the best of my knowlege creates a file on the disk
explaining the real-full-length version of a shortened filename
without having to munge the disk standard. ( I think of it like a
meta-data-in-file-on-filesystem instead of
alter-filesystem-spec-to-handle-metadata option )

( Ok, its obsolete, but has saved my bacon once or twice )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRANS.TBL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660#Extensions

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|