Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> emerge -av $(cat /path/to/oldworld)

I'll give it a whirl, when/after I get kde-meta happy.
I did change flags so that might be the cause of the
circular dependencies.

thanks Neil, it been since 2005 since I had to perform
a handbook install....

liveCD 2006 worked just fine, maybe I'll give 2007.0's
live CD a whirl, again, as I have 2 more laptops and several
servers to install. Gentoo is very popular where I work.
If we could only get the semiconductor manufactures
and the companies that develop software development tools
for firmware development to embrace linux, at a faster pace,
life would be sweet.

Thanks!

James