On 7/29/07, Moshe Kamensky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Greg Lindstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [27/07/07 12:18]:
> > Hello-
> >
> > I am programming Python (2.4.1) scripts to run on our Gentoo boxes and am
> > having a bit of trouble I was hoping you could help me with.  My file,
> > hello.py looks like this:
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/python
> > print 'hello, python'
> >
> > I add execute permission to the file and try to run it as follows:
> >
> > myprompt $ ./hello.py
> >
> > and get
> >
> > -bash: ./hello.py: /usr/bin/env: bad interpreter: Permission denied
> >
> > running /usr/bin/python brings up the python shell, so that's in place.
> >
> > What am I missing to run these files (they run fine with I type in 'python'
> > before the filename).  BTW, I have the same issue running Perl scripts which
> > is why I'm asking the question here.
> >

> Did you manage to run such scripts located in other directories? I think
> you need support in the kernel for such scripts. Do you see
>
> CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
>
> in /proc/config.gz?

eh? kernel doesn't control fs permissions for binaries.

If he can emerge --help  without a problem, then its not an execution
problem, its just a permission problem. I simply figgure hes not
privelaged to run executables on filesystems hes got write access to (
a logical idea for a shared system trying to prevent exploitation )

--
Kent
ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|