On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 09:31 +0100, Stroller wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2007, at 02:53, Richard Marz wrote:
>
> > I have a networkless box that I've gentoo installed on. I grabbed the
> > latest portage snapshot from one of the mirrors. I ran emerge -DNeF
> > world and system on my networked machine to try and fetch every
> > possible
> > file needed to install my world and system programs. Then I tarred the
> > distfiles directory which was about 2.5GB and dumped it
> > into /usr/portage/ on my networkless box. When installing certain
> > programs on my networkless pc; It complains about not being able to
> > fetch some package dependencies. Is there an emerge option/switch
> > that I
> > can use to make sure I fetch every possible depedency/package for
> > every
> > package in my world and system set.
>
> Networkless box:
>     $ emerge -fpv world > foo.txt
>
> Sneaker foo.txt to networked box and:
>     $ for foo in foo.txt ; do wget -c -nc -P /usr/portage/distfiles/
> $foo ; done
>
> Should approximately do the trick.
>
> Stroller.

Thanks for the help, Stroller. But that command did not work so well.
wget translated $foo to foo.txt instead of reading line line in foo.txt.
I managed to get wget to fetch the files in foo.txt by running:

cat foo.txt |xargs -- wget -c -nc -P /usr/portage/distfiles/ -

also it would be a good idea to run

# emerge -fpveDN world && emerge -fpvDN <packagename1>
<packagename2> ...and so on because emerge -fpve{DN} world didn't quite
world as thorough as I would have liked it to.

Thank you all.

Marz