Hi,

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:30:01 +0200 "Xav'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you want to check there is no such program on your system, I
> advice you to try chkrootkit, to check there is no such rootkit on
> your system...

To put it correctly, since there is _NO_ way to assure that there isn't
a rootkit:

chkrootkit can be used to check whether there _are_ _known_ rootkits.

BTW, there are other, similar programs that do the same.
But my point is: You can never be sure, since a hypothesis can't be
proven correct, just invalid.

If there are indications a rootkit might be present, there's no secure
way to remove it but to reinstall.

-hwh