On Thursday 09 August 2007 20:29, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2007, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
>
> about '[gentoo-user] Set up drupal with postgres':
> > USE mysql;
>
> \c postgres
>
> > INSERT INTO user (host, user, password, select_priv, insert_priv,
> > update_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'drupal', PASSWORD('passwd'), 'Y',
> > 'Y', 'Y');
>
> CREATE USER 'drupal';
>
> > CREATE database drupal;
>
> (unchanged)
>
> > USE drupal;
>
> \c drupal
>
> > GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON drupal.* TO drupal@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'passwd';
>
> Probably easiest to just make the drupal user the owner of the drupal
> database.

Thank you Boyd!  I'll try this out - although it seems that the default script
already created a drupal database owned by postgres.  :@

Besides databases I am also a total noob with apache and related apps.  Is
there a link somewhere that explains:

a) how do you create different vhosts (I only have localhost
under /var/www/locahost/).
b) how do you run/access drupal (the drupal files seem to be
under /usr/share/webapps/drupal/5.2/htdocs).

Thank you for your help.  :)
--
Regards,
Mick