On Friday 10 August 2007 17:30:54 John covici wrote:
> And now here is the relevant section of the config.log file.
>
> configure:23040: checking whether to compile the browser plugins
> configure:23058: result: yes
> configure:23064: checking which gecko to use
> configure:23093: error: Gecko "firefox" not found
>
> If you need amy more from that log, let me know.

Ok, this was all of the relevant lines from config.log in this case. Sometimes
a little context which shows that there is nothing more of relevance is
useful to make sure no error messages are missing. Anyway the relevant
command from the configure script would be:

# pkg-config --exists firefox-xpcom

which returns false in your case. You'd be more interested in:

# pkg-config --exists --print-errors firefox-xpcom

though, as that prints a human readable error message. I bet `equery check
mozilla-firefox` will report that some files from firefox are missing. In
particular /usr/lib/pkgconfig/firefox-xpcom.pc is apparently missing are
something. In either case remerging (or in your case upgrading) firefox
should fix it...

--
Bo Andresen