070812 Bo ??rsted Andresen wrote:
> Expat-2 has been in testing for over a year now
> but it was only stabled in the last few days.

I never do 'emerge world' (without 'Dup' for listing):
I do 'eix-sync', look at the output & update packages individually.

After updating Expat , Revdep-rebuild told me to remerge  15  packages:

  gettext XML-Parser dbus dbus-glib kdialog kcminit kreadconfig kdiff3
  krename mlterm xclock hal epiphany ghostscript-esp openoffice

& indeed Epiphany & OpenOffice wouldn't start without remerging.
I've done the former & will do OO while asleep later today.
Dillo & Gwenview also needed remerging after doing Dbus.

So it seems the answer is just to remerge whatever fails to open.
My count is  61  packages altogether today (wry smile),
incl many which have updates, but are not related to the Expat problem.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]