I've just bought my first USB memory stick (Kingmax 1 GB ).
When I insert it into a USB slot, devices appear :

  /dev/usbdev1.4_ep00 ep01 ep82 ep83

but when I try to mount it ( /z/usb  is an unused dir in my filesystem):

  mount /dev/usbdev1.4_ep00 /z/usb

it tells me (similarly for the other  3  devices):

  mount: /dev/usbdev1.4_ep00 is not a block device

I had bookmarked the Gentoo Howto & Wiki re USB sticks,
but as everyone knows, they're down at the moment.
Do I need to format it, as if it were a hard drive ?
I don't want to damage my new toy.

Can anyone tell me what to do next ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]