I've been struggling for a few hours with this...

daevid ~ # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
 * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
/usr/sbin/apache2: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0:

I've done all the rev-dep rebuilding and all that crap, and it still
doesn't seem to be working?

revdep-rebuild --package-names --library libexpat.so.0

There's a ton of gnome and kde things listed, but I don't see any apache
in the list.

And when it's all said and done, the only thing that gets rebuilt is
"apr"

All prepared. Starting rebuild...
emerge --oneshot  =dev-libs/apr-util-1.2.8

Please tell me what's wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Daevid.