On Monday 20 August 2007 02:54:39 Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > > aha! so the culprit is  05compiler, but who put it there?  `equery
> > > belongs` doesn't tell me anything, in fact I have a lot of files
> > > in /etc/env.d that don't "belong" to anything, so is it safe to delete
> > > them?...
> >
> > eselect-compiler (which was a broken piece of shit which caused huge
> > amounts of bug reports) put it there.
>
> but I don't have that installed... perhaps I used to, and an old clean
> got rid of it, I don't remember!

eselect-compiler was masked about a year ago. Unfortunately during uninstall
it did a remarkably bad job at cleaning up the mess it had created. Other
than the 05compiler file I've had to manually remove wrappers for gcc it had
created in /usr/bin/ and libstdc++.so* which it had copied to /usr/lib/. All
of those have been causing problems at differing gcc bumps (4.1.1->4.1.2 and
4.1.2->4.2.0).

--
Bo Andresen