i have a strange issue with torrent clients: they freeze my computer.
Sometimes i just start the legal download and my computer stops
responding, other times at some point while downloading. Everything
else works just fine. I did a memtest nothing came out wrong. I'm
using an ~amd64 box  with 2.6.21-gentoo-r3. Whether I use a C or a
python client it crashes my system bad(only a hard reset works), even
if X is not started a console client will freeze my computer. I used
torrents before and worked fine but now, well now they don't. Do you
have any ideea?