Abraham Marín Pérez wrote:
Ok, since you have more than one JDK and JDK's can be used as JRE's you may have to specify which version you want your system to use. If you run the following command you'll know your available JVM's and also the one you are currently using:

java-config --list-available-vms

The one with an asterisk at the beginning will be the one you're using.

On the other hand, you should make sure whether you installed Java with browser-plugin capabilities. I guess you installed sun-jdk and sun-jre, so running this you'll have the info you need:

equery uses sun-jdk

equery uses sun-jre

equery is in gentoolkit (this time it's truly there :-P).

HTH,
Abraham

# java-config --list-available-vms
The following VMs are available for generation-2:
1)      Blackdown JDK 1.4.2.03 [blackdown-jdk-1.4.2]
*)      Sun JDK 1.5.0.12 [sun-jdk-1.5]
tardis sean # equery uses sun-jdk
[ Searching for packages matching sun-jdk... ]
[ Colour Code : set unset ]
[ Legend : Left column  (U) - USE flags from make.conf              ]
[        : Right column (I) - USE flags packages was installed with ]
[ Found these USE variables for dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5.0.12 ]
 U I
 + + X        : Adds support for X11
+ + alsa : Adds support for media-libs/alsa-lib (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture)
 - - doc      : Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
 - - examples : Install example source code
- - jce : Enable Java Cryptographic Extension Unlimited Strength Policy files
 - - nsplugin : Builds plugins for Netscape compatible browsers

Blackdown was pulled in when I emerged openoffice.
As you can also see, nsplugin is in place, but I guess somehow the 64 bit is causing the problem. I had it working previously on this system, before I had to change the drive.