On Thursday 06 September 2007, Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
> Hello, just installed from gentoo LiveCd 2006.0
>
> after an emerge --sync, i upgraded portage, everything was running
> smooth until the unmerging of the previous portage version started,
> this ended abruptly with the error:
>
> *[portage-2.0.54] bash: /usr/lib/portage/bin/ebuild.sh: No such file
> or directory

Hmm, I don't seem to have ever seen that one before.

If you don't get help anywhere else, what could possibly solve it is to:

build a binpackage from the livecd and store it somewhere
emerge -k this to your real system

Hopefully this will give you a working portage. Then,
upgrade portage incrementally, say from 2.0.x to 2.2.1.x to 2.1.2.x to
2.1.3.x, taking not of all notices printed to the console and doing the
appropriate thing at each step.

This is a brute force approach that you should use only if no-one else
tells you exactly what's going on. I myself have done several installs
since June this year off a 2006.0 CD, and each time portage was a bit
tricky, but never the error you are experiencing.

Good luck

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,