On Thursday 13 September 2007 05:58:16 Dan Farrell wrote:
> > berkdb = sys-libs/db. apr-util is slotted and 0.9.12 is in a
> > different slot than 1.2.8.
>
> this might give you some idea of what packages might be effected by the
> nontrivial update of db:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ equery depends db
> [ Searching for packages depending on db... ]

Heh. I'm sorry but that command will produce more noise than useful info.
For instance on the laptop I'm writing this from I have 6 different versions
of sys-libs/db installed. The above command will show all installed packages
that *may* [1] depend on any installed version of sys-libs/db...

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/179649/focus=179814

--
Bo Andresen