On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 07:22:57 -0500, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> > > Where is it getting this <root> thing from?  As far as I can tell,
> > > my wife's computer has an identical setup, except that on hers this
> > > works. Can anyone help me?
> >
> > Probably the destination address. What does "grep ELOG /etc/make.conf"
> > show on each of the computers?
> >
> The same thing on both:
>
> PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error log"
> PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
> PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

You haven't specitied a recipient and server, which default to root and
localhost, and your local mail server is objecting to addresses without a
domain. Set PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="recipient server".

--
Neil Bothwick

Q. How many mathematicians does it take to change a light bulb?
A. Only one - who gives it to six Californians, thereby reducing the
problem to an earlier joke.