On 9/20/07, Danilo Marcelo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, here is my flags:
>
> gentoo ~ # emerge -vp k3b

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild   R   ] app-cdr/k3b-0.12.17  USE="alsa hal kde -arts -css -debug
> -dvdr* -encode* -ffmpeg* -flac -mp3* -musepack -musicbrainz -sndfile -vcd*
> -vorbis -xinerama" LINGUAS="pt_BR -af -bg -bn -br -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de
> -el -en_GB -es -et -eu -fi -fr -ga -he -hi -hu -is -it -ja -km -lt -mk -ms
> -nb -nds -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -ro -ru -se -sl -sr - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -sv -ta
> -tr -uk
> -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB
>
> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
> gentoo ~ #
>
> I hope it helps you!
>
> Danilo
>
> 2007/9/19, Mick < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> make
> system.
> > >
> > > I haven't. Not totally sure how I'd change anything by doing that.
> > > Both cards work with other apps. It's just xine that hard routing the
> > > audio to the second card, at least as far as I've seen so far.
> > > gmplayer routes DVD audio to the first card correctly.
> >
> > Just an idea.  I am not sure why your xine is behaving like this . . .

> > > I think it does in the preferences area. It uses the Alsa language
> > > that only Alsa developers totally get but seems to end in :0 for card
> > > 0 and :1 for card 1. However I already have it set to card 0 but audio
> > > goes to card 1...
> >
> > I'm flummoxed.  It wouldn't be a udev rule that you have forgotten about .
> . .
> > but then this would not just affect xine.

> > > I didn't know Gentoo changed the way that is done. Thanks. I've added
> > > it. It did not cause any changes in what gets built though.
> >
> > With regards to your flags, I'd add ffmpeg.  It installs the libavcodec
> for
> > enc/decoding a multitude of video and audio data types.
> >
> > Good luck.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Mick

Hi,
   Tried it all. No luck. xine still sends audio to the USB sound card
and not to the on-board, default sound chip.

   I also tested CD audio. Same thing. xine sends everything it's
doing to the USB port and not the the default sound card, but only on
this system.

   I'm out of ideas. I'll file a bug in Bugzilla I guess.

   Thanks very much for your support. I appreciated it even if we
didn't manage to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Mark