On Friday 28 September 2007, Arnau Bria wrote:
> Ok, so, why is portage blocking the update?
It's not an update, it's a new install.
Something else which is installed (and probably wanting to be updated) is
trying to pull in splashutils-1.5.2 or later as a dependency.  As this
version is not currently available to you, portage is bailing out as not all
dependencies could be satisfied.

equery d splashutils
may give you some idea what is trying to pull in the newer version.  I'm
guessing it's sys-power/suspend or sys-power/hibernate-script.

Adding the two lines I suggested previously to /etc/portage/package.keywords
will almost certainly fix the problem for you.  I had the same problem on my
laptop some days ago.