Hi all,

after recompiling another bunch of libraries just to "unstrip" them, I'm
wondering if I can specify FEATURES and CXXOPTS (for example) on a
per-ebuild basis.

eg. I would always want to build glib and glibc with nostrip in the
FEATURES, and -ggdb in the compile options, but all other ebuilds would
be as normal.

Any way I can do this without putting the ebuilds in my overlay?  I know
I can do it on the command line:
FEATURES="blah nostrip" CFLAGS="blah -ggdb" CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" sudo
emerge -va1 glibc
but that kind-of gets defeated during an emerge world.

thanks,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp dot com dot au>

Humor in the Court:
Q: ...any suggestions as to what prevented this from being a murder trial
   instead of an attempted murder trial?
A: The victim lived.