Hi, I recently bought a new TFT monitor. I used to have 2 CRT monitors
with an nvidia graphics card. I configured Xorg to use two separate
screens and *not* twin-view.

When I replaced the monitor that used to be screen 0 with the new TFT
monitor Xorg cannot use it as screen 0 any more. And the placement of
the screen seems weird. All applications starts about 200x200px to the
left and above the desktops. When maximizing an application it fits into
a (estimated) 1024x768 window.

No matter how I configure X it just doesn't seem to work. Attaching my
xorg.conf

Also, I recently had some issues with java+firefox. Anytime a java
applet is starting I get the following error:

Java process caught exception: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

The callstack printed reveals that the error comes from
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:218)

So I figured something must be really wrong with my configuration. Any
ideas?

Java Runtime Error:

                      PLUGIN ERROR
                      ************
Java process caught exception: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at sun.plugin.JavaRunTime.initEnvironment(JavaRunTime.java:84)
        at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.doit(Plugin.java:131)
        at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:104)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:218)
        at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:354)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:407)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:402)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:367)
        at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.<clinit>(AppletViewer.java:109)
        ... 3 more
Java process: caught exception from sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.start
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
        at
sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment.getDefaultScreenDevice(X11GraphicsEnvironment.java:218)
        at java.awt.Window.init(Window.java:354)
        at java.awt.Window.<init>(Window.java:407)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:402)
        at java.awt.Frame.<init>(Frame.java:367)
        at
sun.plugin.viewer.LifeCycleManager.destroyCachedAppletPanels(LifeCycleManager.java:230)
        at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.onExit(Plugin.java:399)
        at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.doit(Plugin.java:389)
        at sun.plugin.navig.motif.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:104)
Could not read ack from child process
Plugin: Java VM process has died.
plugin: java process exited with status 0
Could not start JavaVM!

VM did not start up properly

--

//*David Sveningsson [eXt]*

Freelance coder | Game Development Student
http://sidvind.com

Thou shalt make thy program's purpose and structure clear to thy fellow
man by using the One True Brace Style, even if thou likest it not, for
thy creativity is better used in solving problems than in creating
beautiful new impediments to understanding.
Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (which are concatenated together),
# as well as specifying multiple comma-separated entries in one FontPath
# command (or a combination of both methods)

    # For XFS, uncomment this and comment the others
    FontPath    "unix/:-1"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/local/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/CID/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/Speedo/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/artwiz"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/artwiz-aleczapka-en/"

    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/cronyx/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/cronyx/misc/:unscaled"
    FontPath    "/usr/share/fonts/cronyx/75dpi/:unscaled"

# The default path is shown here.

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Module section -- this is an optional section which is used to specify
# which run-time loadable modules to load when the X server starts up.
# **********************************************************************

Section "Module"
        Load  "bitmap"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "ddc"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "int10"
        Load  "record"
#        Load  "speedo"
        Load  "type1"
#        Load  "vbe"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Server flags section.  This contains various server-wide Options.
# **********************************************************************

Section "ServerFlags"
#Option    "Xinerama" "true"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Input devices
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Core keyboard's InputDevice section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "XkbModel" "itouch"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "se"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Core Pointer's InputDevice section
# **********************************************************************

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Logitech MX510"
        Driver          "mouse"

#       Option          "Protocol"      "evdev"
#       Option          "Dev Name"      "Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse"
#       Option          "Dev Phys"      "usb-0000:00:11.2-1/input0"
#       Option          "Device"        "/dev/input/event1"

        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "CorePointer"
        Option      "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"
        Option      "Buttons" "8"
        Option      "Resolution" "800"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Monitor section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of monitor sections may be present

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "Samsung"
        Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Compaq V50"
        HorizSync       31.0 - 94.0
        VertRefresh     85.0
        Modeline        "1024x768" 45.0 1024 1048 1208 1264 768 776 784 817
        ModeLine     "[EMAIL PROTECTED](VESA)" 157.5 1280 1344 1504 1728 1024
1025 1028 1072 +hsync +vsync
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Graphics device section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of graphics device sections may be present

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic VGA"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option          "RenderAccel"           "true"
        Option          "backingstore"          "true"
        Option          "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
        Option          "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
        BusID           "PCI:6:0:0"
        Screen          0
#       Option "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0, CRT-0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Generic VGA 2"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option          "RenderAccel"           "true"
        Option          "backingstore"          "true"
        Option          "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true"
        Option          "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
        BusID           "PCI:6:0:0"
        Screen          1
#       Option "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT-0"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Screen sections.
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of screen sections may be present.  Each describes
# the configuration of a single screen.  A single specific screen section
# may be specified from the X server command line with the "-screen"
# option.

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "RightScreen"
    Device      "Generic VGA"
    Monitor     "Samsung"
    DefaultDepth 24

    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
    Option     "HWcursor"
    Option     "CursorShadow"
    Option     "CursorShadowAlpha" "32"
    Option              "CursorShadowXOffset" "3"
    Option              "CursorShadowYOffset" "3"

#    Option     "UseDisplayDevice" "DFP"

    SubSection "Display"
        Depth   24
        Modes   "1280x1024"
        #Modes  "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"

    Identifier  "LeftScreen"
    Device      "Generic VGA 2"
    Monitor     "Compaq V50"
    DefaultDepth 24

    Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "true"
    Option      "HWcursor"
    Option      "CursorShadow"
    Option      "CursorShadowAlpha" "32"
    Option      "CursorShadowXOffset" "3"
    Option      "CursorShadowYOffset" "3"

    SubSection "Display"
        Depth           24
        #Modes          "1280x1024"
        Modes           "1024x768"
    EndSubsection
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# ServerLayout sections.
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of ServerLayout sections may be present.  Each describes
# the way multiple screens are organised.  A specific ServerLayout
# section may be specified from the X server command line with the
# "-layout" option.  In the absence of this, the first section is used.
# When now ServerLayout section is present, the first Screen section
# is used alone.

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier  "simple layout"
        Screen      0  "LeftScreen" 0 0
        Screen      1  "RightScreen" RightOf "LeftScreen"
        #Screen      0  "RightScreen"
    InputDevice "Logitech MX510" "CorePointer"
    InputDevice "Generic Keyboard" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
   Option   "Composite"   "Enable"
    Option   "RENDER"   "true"