Hi!

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:40:53 +0200 "Liviu Andronic"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a way to make Opera or Firefox believe that I am located in
> the UK? I am using (on a regular basis) the following environment
> variables.
> LC_ALL=en_GB.UTF-8
> LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
> Nonetheless, it seems to make no difference to either browser. Maybe
> someone knows exactly how does BBC, or Google and other sites
> proposing their web pages in your local language, determine your
> location?

It's determined based on your IP address. You can try it yourself at
http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_my_ip and
http://www.maxmind.com/app/locate_ip .
This service locates not only the country, but also the city.

If you want to have an IP address in UK you will have to use a proxy in
UK. You can find a list of proxies at
http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/

You could also find another TV channel with live video and audio
stream. There is a list of TV stations at http://wwitv.com/

Cheers,
Renat

--
Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
durch die sie entstanden sind.