Marc Blumentritt schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> for some reason I do not get compiz-fusion running with xfce. I
> installed from portage tree and not from xeffects overlay. I want to use
> emerald as window decorator. Therefore I added in ccsm under "window
> decorations -> command" emerald --replace. Using "compiz-start" seems to
> start compiz, but not emerald, since I do not get window frames. I also
> tried a small start script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> compiz --replace &
> sleep 5
> emerald --replace
>

> This does not work, too!
>
> Any ideas how to get xfce and compiz running together?
>
> By the way, I was using compiz from the xeffects overlay, starting it
> fusion-icon, which worked fine. But after upgrading to portage tree
> compiz, there is no fusion-icon anymore.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

I had the same problem with getting compiz-fusion to work under xfce and
the portage ebuilds. I never used the xeffects overlay for compiz-fusion
only for the old beryl.

I used this command:
compiz --loose-binding --replace ccp && emerald --replace &

A strange thing is that it only works when I execute it a few times. The
first time I had no window decorations!

Another thing is when I want to go back to the xfce window manager the
decorations vanished again, the mouse pointer too. I could only bring
them back by deleting a few config files in my home-directory.

Furthermore the dependency for libwnck was raised a few days ago which
resulted in pulling the unstable gtk+ glib and pango packages in.

This hosed all my apps requiring gtk which means nearly everything. I
downgraded but this did not help. I had to unmerge and then reemerge
glib to get things working again.

So I think I will leave my fingers from compiz-fusion until it is more
stable or anybody knows a solution to this problems!

Regards,

Daniel