071030 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> What kernel version are you running?  Try updating to the most recent.
> If then you still get "unrecognised deviceID 29c2",
> build the kernel modules from source (just the 1.7 DRM part):
>   http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building

The kernel is 2.6.22-r8 : I will try 2.6.23 tomorrow.
I suspect the driver(s) haven't caught up with the hardware yet.

I checked the wiki paragraph & the subdir it refers to
& the modules are already built & 'lsmod' shows them installed:
is there any sense in rebuilding them ?

>> Is there any way of testing the other  3  versions in the dir,
>> which I listed in the previous msg (one is 'i915tex') ?
> There's no need.  It knows which one to choose.  :)

That's good to know (smile).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]