On 16:44 Mon 19 Nov     , de Almeida, Valmor F. spammed my inbox with

> Hello,
>
> This is showing up on my /var/log/messages file. I've done a memtest and
> the memory seems fine. I wonder what does this mean. Maybe it is not
> even related to the physical memory.
>
> PCI: Failed to allocate mem resource #6:[EMAIL PROTECTED] for 0000:01:00.0
I have exactly the same problem on my laptop. It's actually pretty new, so I
don't think it's
something about memory. I have 2 Gigs, so perhaps it's something with the
motherboard not being able
to handle the RAM. But free shows the full 2048 MB.
I'm curious also, since I sort of gave up looking for an answer.
Greets
Jan Seeger
--
thenybble.de/blog/ -- four bits at a time