Dirk Heinrichs ha scritto:
Am Samstag 24 November 2007 schrieb econti:
Hi all,
to-day I wanted ro emerge kdebase-kioslaves.

Why?

To do so I had to unmerge kdebase,

Why?

then to emerge again every single application of kdebase: konqueror, konsole, kate, kcontrol, kdm, etc.

Why?

Now I am not able to login anymore!!!!

Error message? What happens _exactly_???

Neither as root nor as user.
I tried to set a new password on console using "passwd" with no result.

You couldn't change the password, or still couldn't login?

Bye...

        Dirk
I was able to change the password, but the new password did not work on kdm.

So . . . I unmerged all the single app, unmerged kdebase-kioslaves and emerged kdebase.
Now all works as before.

Thank you

emilio