I run Gentoo on a server, but it's just a hobby, low-end one.  Athlon XP
processor, 1.5 gigs of ram, raid 1 (hardware-controlled).  I have a few
daemons/servers on it, such as Apache, snmp, and an MTA.  Runs fine.

You might try talking to some of the web hosts who run dedicated Gentoo
servers.  Links are on the main Gentoo website to some of these hosts.

--
- Mark Shields