Hi,

I think I've got my gentoo installation all effed up. I went a few weeks
without doing a --sync followed by a emerge -uD world. On top of that I,
I installed my own version of Python 2.5.1 from the source tarball off
of python.org. Now, after a --sync, when I do an emerge -uD world I will
see ACCESS DENIED errors when unlink is called on *.pyc files. An
example summary is given below. I searched the forums for similiar
problems. Solutions that worked for other people involved re-emerging
particular packages. I tried that and it didn't work for me. Can I fix
this mess? Or is my system fubar? Any ideas?

Why is unlink getting ACCESS DENIED errors when I run emerge as sudo?

Thanks,
Tom

>>> Source compiled.
--------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY
LOG FILE =
"/var/log/sandbox/sandbox-gnome-base_-_gnome-desktop-2.20.1-27301.log"

unlink:    /usr/share/xml2po/docbook.pyc