here is some information about lxr:
# eix lxr
[I] www-apps/lxr
     Available versions:
        (0.3.1) *0.3.1!m
        (0.9.5) (~)0.9.5
        {cvs freetext mysql postgres vhosts}
     Installed versions:  0.9.5(0.9.5)(02:48:51 PM 12/03/2007)(mysql
vhosts -cvs -freetext -postgres)
     Homepage:            http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxr
cross-referener with a web-based frontend

lxr somehow like the SourceInsight in Windows. It make you jump and
trace the routines and source files very easily.
For example, when you are reading such a routine:

int
test{
       f1();
       f2();

}

maybe you want to know what the funtion f1() or f2() does, then you
will just need to use the mouse to click on the f1() or f2()(or any
other SIMPLE ways) and it will jump to the definition of this fuction.

On Dec 7, 2007 5:07 PM, Randy Barlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chuanwen Wu wrote:
> > So, no one ever used lxr?
> > Or maybe you can recommend other tools that can be used to view the
> > souce(usually the kernel source) to me?
>
> I'm not at all familiar with lxr, but most text editors can do syntax
> highlighting when you view source code.  I like vim from the console, or
> kdevelop for GUI.  Is it just a text editor you are looking for?
>
> --
> Randy Barlow
> http://electronsweatshop.com
> --