I just finished a re-install of my laptop to get multilib working and
grub apparently can't find the kernel this time.  I've tried grub and
grub-static.  I get this:

root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot /kernel-2.6.22-hardened-r8 root: /dev/sda3
Error 15: File not found

I'm using all of the config files that were working perfectly on the

The only things out of the ordinary are:

1. I forgot to copy the kernel into the boot partition the first time
I rebooted and got this same error.  I booted the LiveCD again and
copied it over after mounting /dev/sda3 and /dev/sda1.  I thought for
sure that would fix it but no.  I've verified that the correctly named
kernel file is in /mnt/gentoo/boot when /dev/sda1 is mounted.
grub.conf is from my previous install and references the kernel file
correctly.

2. I used -fforce-addr in make.conf this time even though I don't know
what it does because it was included in the default make.conf.

Any ideas?

- Grant