On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, Norberto Bensa wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Quoting Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> >Norberto Bensa wrote:
> > >Hello list,
> > >
> > >< SNIP > (damn politicians and all their crazy ideas...)
> >
> >Don't feel bad, we got some of those too.  The reason we even have DST
> >changes with everyone I ask.
>
> I have no a problem with DST at all. The problem is how these guys have voted
> a law in both cameras of the congress in just a few hours, for a change that
> will be effective in two days (ok, three days), not taking into account the
> time it will take for us to update our servers and our client boxes.

There's a reason that zoneinfo's rule name is "Arg". Anyway, the rule
addition proposed is:

Rule    Arg     2007    only    -       Dec     30      0:00    1:00    S
Rule    Arg     2008    max     -       Mar     Sun>=15 0:00    0       -
Rule    Arg     2008    max     -       Oct     Sun>=1  0:00    1:00    S

if you want to patch it yourself. If you think nobody will notice on
Sunday, nobody will expect it to be right on Monday, and nobody will care
on Tuesday, you should be able to get the official release by Wednesday.

        -Daniel
*This .sig left intentionally blank*