On Monday 7 January 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Should I have compiled them directly into the kernel?

Well, this is usually a matter of debates. For iptables stuff, I
generally compile everything into the kernel, but I'm sure there are
people who can find good reasons for using modules. So, it's ultimately
up to you.

If you want iptables to be active and working all the time, then I think
you can compile its stuff into the kernel. It would be nice if someone
who uses modules also showed his reasons for keeping it as modules, so
you could get a better picture and make a more informed decision.