Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Saturday 12 January 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Daniel Robbins offers to take back Gentoo leadership.
What about it ? Read
http://blog.funtoo.org/2008/01/here-my-offer.html

I've kept very quiet about Gentoo politics for a long time, but Daniel's blog has promoted me to finally open my mouth and express my views.

Daniel is in a tricky position - he is the legal President of the Foundation but also has no role in the project in real life.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the Trustees as a group have ever done a single thing for Gentoo in three years. The fundamental responsibility of Trustees is to ensure that legal paperwork is properly filed, they did not even do this. Grant Goodyear is getting some things done but he's doing it as one person. Chris is in a similar position. But the Trustees, as a body with specific duties, simply does not exist in any reasonable definition of Trustees.

I used to read -dev and various council mailing lists a long time ago as I wanted to keep up to date with these things as a user. I unsubscribed because I couldn't stand the constant bickering going on there. OSS projects always have their laundry out in the public eye and some conflict is always present but Gentoo management manages to take this to a whole new level - from on outsider's point of view, the bickering is done for the sake of bickering, and it does not result in decisions being made or solutions found.

Ciaran Mcreesh - I am very specifically looking at you here.

Very strongly agree with Mr McCreesh (spelling?). While I respect his technical abilities and contributions, I believe his horrible attitude, clear trolling and ability to pit devs against each other, seemingly for fun, is far more harmful. That he wasn't gotten rid of early on is actually the biggest sign of problems in my eyes. That he has fans and followers is another.