Marko Kocić wrote:
> I noticed that in most cases after I boot to windows, when I reboot
> back to linux I can't connect.
> When I reboot back to windows, net is up.
>
> When it fails I noticed that it send DHCP requests, but doesn't get a
> response.
>
> I tried dhclient, dhcpd and pump, and the results are allways the
> same. It happens in the evenings, when internet traffic is high.

Try "ipconnect /release" before rebooting to linux.

Also I had a similar problem when I accidentally had two dhcp servers
running in my home lan.  A hair pulling two days.  :-)

I'd also suggest picking up a cheap non-wireless router (ex: linksys
BEFSR41).
This will help isolate your box from being dependent on your ISP's dhcp
server.

HTH,
Roy