On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > On 20 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > My portage-fu is apparently up the creek. Again.
> > >
> > > Trying to emerge kde-4.0.0, I get this:
> > >
> > > ==================
> > > nazgul ~ # emerge -av kde-meta
> > >
> > > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> > >
> > > Calculating dependencies | *
> > >  * ERROR: kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.0.0 failed.
> > >  * Call stack:
>
> Solved.
>
> I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now calculated
> properly when the overlay is disabled.

Uh-huh! Yes, that explains it. Good luck there in building 4.0.0.

If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail from 3.5.8
to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0 my default desktop.
Without these two apps, I can not. :-(

Uwe

--
If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
is he still lying?