Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Sergey Kobzar wrote:
attr provides extended attributes to ext2/3 and XFS file systems,
used by selinux and posix capabilities. If you use these features,
you already are aware of it.
So, if I use reiserfs w/o ext attrs (option in kernel), I don't need
it probably. Correct?

You certainly don't need it, as attr doesn't support reiser. I'm looking at my own reiser-based machine and wondering why on earth I ever merged it myself

I have attr on here as well.  This is what equery says:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # equery depends attr
[ Searching for packages depending on attr... ]
app-backup/dar-2.2.6 (acl? sys-apps/attr)
gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.20.1-r1 (acl? sys-apps/attr)
sys-apps/acl-2.2.45 (>=sys-apps/attr-2.4)
sys-apps/coreutils-6.9-r1 (xattr? sys-apps/attr)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

Seems like a few packages depend on it here. OP, have you had any of these installed at some point?

Dale