On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 23:31 +0530, dell core2duo wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Iain Buchanan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>         On Sat, 2008-02-09 at 15:47 -0600, Dan Farrell wrote:
>         > On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:28:39 +0100
>         > Etaoin Shrdlu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         >
>         > > > BTW,
>         > > >   I am more interested to get things working. Quality
>         would be my
>         > > > second priority.
>         > >
>         > > As I said before, I did not have any problem
>         (unfortunately, I cannot
>         > > access the hardware now and check the bandwidth issue).
>         >
>         > I have not yet gotten the new driver to work, though
>         admittedly I
>         > didn't have much time to try and so went for ndiswrapper
>         pretty
>         > quickly.
>

>         how did you get ndiswrapper to work?  It worked for me for
>         2.6.23, but
>         not for 2.6.24.  I have a BCM4306 and I'm having some trouble
>         getting
>         the kernel driver to work, so I'd like to use ndiswrapper in
>         the mean
>         time.
>
> I guess there are some problems with ndiswrapper on kernel-2.4.26.  I
> didn't get ndiswraper worked with kernel-2.4.26.

Oh, I thought you meant ndis with 2.4.26.

> did you tried kernel b43 module ??  Read below links, these may help
> you.

I use b44 for my eth0 (always have).  The problem with ndiswrapper was
that b44 was grabbing wlan0 before ndis could.  I couldn't ping over the
wlan so I assumed b44 didn't work, but I was just playing around with
routes, and I have managed to get both eth0 and wlan0 working with b44
together (no ndis).

If you understood that sentence, congratulations!

so no more ndis it seems!

thanks,

An engineer is someone who does list processing in FORTRAN.