On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:02:40 +0100
Volker Armin Hemmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Essentially, the
> > antiailiasing seems to alter the consistency of fonts in an
> > irregular manner causing them to blur (differently) across the
> > screen, as if the monitor resolution is out of sync.

hmm, that reminds me of the appearance of the screen when you're
running at a resolution that isn't native for the device.  For example,
if you run a 1280x1024 at widescreen, each 6th pixel or something is
stretched to consist of 2 physical pixels to widen the screen out to
fill the entire display.  I hope that explination makes sense -
clearly there are other, better ways to use widescreen in a case like
this.

i would make sure you're running in the screen's native resolution if
it's an LCD, else make sure you're running at a resolution that fits
the aspect ratio of your screen.