On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 01:34:30PM -0800, Penguin Lover maxim wexler squawked:
> Re-emerged gentoolkit.
>
> Now I get:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ equery depends
> =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3
> [ Searching for packages depending on
> =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3... ]
> app-office/dia-0.95.1 (python?
<snip>
> sys-libs/libcap-1.10-r9 (python?
> >=virtual/python-2.2.1)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $
>
> Again, not "nothing". I can't unmerge all this stuff
> can I? Should I still run python-updater etc?

python-updater should've been run after you installed a new version of
python (I'm pretty sure it is in the ebuild).

equery depends is not smart enough to know that there is another
python on your system that satisfies the dependencies. What you should
look for in the output of equery depends is whether any of the
dependencies (as listed in the paranthesis after the package name) is
a hard dependency on a particular version of python.

Basically, look for something that says =virtual/python-2.3 or
<=virtual/python-2.3 or something like that.

My cursory glance at the output you send suggests that nothing
explicitly depends on that particular version of python. So you
*should* be able to unmerge the old one. If something does break...
then file a bug at b.g.o.

"Let me just make sure this is not on my list to avoid."
~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 450 days, 20:31