you did the trick...i tried something and it worked...in "file
associations->
inode-directory" i put krusader as the default application but using the
following command " '/usr/bin/krusader' --left %u --right
/home/jrn23/Desktop "
and now it opens every directory i double-click on...i wouldn't have noticed
it
without your help...thanks again for your help...