On Friday 21 March 2008 18:27:27 Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
> Well, I've noticed that rpm.eclass tries to use rpm2cpio first. I've
> installed rpm package and it unpacks and installs now.
> I have not yet tested installed packages, but anyway I'll submit the ebuild
> and comments to bugzilla after few hours.

I was going to suggest you check bugzilla for an existing bug on the matter,
but I see you've already found it! :)

I've taken a slightly different route, going for the debian package. Instead
of looking for an eclass to handle the conversion i just did it manually with
deb2targz.
Handley debian has openssl-0.9.8, so the dependancies are correct without
having to resort to ugly symlinks, although nessusd does complain about "no
version information available" in libssl and libcrypto.

As you, I haven't done any testing as I don't know how to use it. My job is
just to provide servers for those who do.

--
Mike Williams